Thank you for choosing Thames & Kosmos and for your interest in our Solar Energy kits.
We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the solar components of your kit. I am happy to help. First, let’s try some troubleshooting.
Because the solar panels in our kits are small, they can require a good amount of energy for sufficient output. We kindly recommend trying one of the following:
1. BEST - Direct light from the sun (indirect or cloud-covered sunlight will not work)
2. Direct light from an incandescent bulb (not an LED or Energy saver bulb)
As soon as the solar panels come into contact with either of the light sources listed above, the motor should start turning immediately (slowly at first). You can find a more detailed explanation for why these are conditions are optimal in the manual that came with your kit.
I hope that resolved the issue. If not, we kindly ask you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your mailing address and phone number
- The name of your kit (found on the front of the box or on the cover of the manual)
- Date of purchase (or when you received it as a gift) and the retailer it was purchased from
- The production code from your box (an alphanumeric code located in the white square with the UPC bar code)
- Some details on how your solar motor is behaving
If you have any additional questions about this or any of our other kits, please do not hesitate in including them in your email to us.
Thank you again for choosing Thames & Kosmos. We hope that you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.
The Thames & Kosmos Technical Support Team