Thank you for choosing Thames & Kosmos and for your interest in our CodeGamer kit.
The CodeGamer app should automatically connect via Bluetooth. If not, follow these steps:
First, you want to make sure that your controller is fully charged and keep the USB cable plugged into the micro-USB slot so that there’s consistent power.
Then, enable Location Services (very important), by following these steps:
1. From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
2. Tap on “Location services” or “Location access” – whichever your phone shows.
3. From this screen, you can toggle on or off any of the location services your phone offers. (Please make sure if you are able to set the "Mode" or Location services to be "High Accuracy")
Now, make sure that you don’t have any other apps running in the background, as the app requires a lot of ram to operate.
Now, go into Settings on your device and make sure Bluetooth is enabled (it will say “Bluetooth On”). If it says “Bluetooth Off”, tap on that line and tap the switch to the right of the word Bluetooth at the top and the slider will turn green, indicating it is now enabled.
Now, power everything off, including your mobile device. Once everything is off, turn the mobile device back on and open the CodeGamer app. Proceed through the game by pressing Play, Level selection, & Character selection.
Once you see your character on screen, turn on the interactive board (with the microcontroller inserted). The LED on the KosmoDuino should be lit blue and the onscreen controls removed. Try using the controller.
I hope that resolved the issue. If not, I’ll just need some additional information from you.
We kindly ask you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your mailing address and phone number
- Date of purchase (or when you received it as a gift) and the retailer it was purchased from
- The production code from your box (an alphanumeric code located in the white square with the UPC bar code)
- The type of device you are using, what operating software it is running on. - A screenshot of what you see when you try to connect via the app
If you have any additional questions about this or any of our other kits, please do not hesitate in including them in your email to us.
Thank you again for choosing Thames & Kosmos. We hope you and your family continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.
The Thames & Kosmos Technical Support Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.