The app that works with your kit should connect from within the app (not via the BlueTooth menu in Settings).
It likely has to do with Location Services on your mobile device not being enabled, which will inhibit your device's ability to connect to a wider range of devices. Try following these steps:
1. From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
2. Tap on Location services (or Location Access – whichever your phone shows).
3. From this screen, you can toggle on or off any of the location services your phone offers. (Please make sure if you are able to set the Mode to High Accuracy)
Then, make sure that you are using new, name brand, Alkaline batteries in your kit, as generic and rechargeable batteries have less strength, resulting in a weaker signal. Now, make sure that you don’t have any other apps running in the background, as this app requires a lot of ram to operate.
Now, go into Settings on your device and make sure Bluetooth is enabled (it will say “Bluetooth On”). If it says “Bluetooth Off”, tap on that line and tap the switch to the right of the word Bluetooth and the slider will turn green, indicating it is now enabled.
Now, exit your Settings and open the app. Look for a Bluetooth symbol somewhere on the screen. If it is solid, it means that you are connected successfully. If it is blinking, it means it is searching for a signal. Make sure your model is activated and tap the Bluetooth icon.
If it is still not connecting, we kindly ask you to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your mailing address and phone number
- The name of your kit (found on the front of the box or on the cover of the manual)
- Date of purchase (or when you received it as a gift) and the retailer it was purchased from
- The production code from your box (an alphanumeric code located in the white square with the UPC bar code)
- The type of device you are using and what operating software it is running on
- A screenshot of what you see when you try to connect via the app
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in including them in your email to us.
Thank you again for choosing Thames & Kosmos. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.
The Thames & Kosmos Technical Support Team