Thank you for choosing Thames & Kosmos and for your interest in our kits.
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your remote control. First, let’s try some troubleshooting.
· We recommend using new, name-brand alkaline batteries (rechargeable or generic batteries may look like they are providing sufficient energy but may not be strong enough to power our dynamic products).
· Make sure the remote control is making a sound effect (it sounds like a chirp/zap) or emitting a light each time one of the buttons is pressed.
o If the remote is consistently making a sound / emitting light for each button, then your remote should be fine.
o If neither is produced, then the remote control may be defective.
· If the remote is functioning properly, plug the motors into the battery holder. Try each button on the controller to see if the corresponding motor responds.
· Each set of buttons will control one of the battery ports. If one set of buttons doesn’t seem to be working, please try switching the motors around to verify if it is the battery holder or the motor itself.
o If only one motor responds, separately plug each one of the other motors into the working socket on the battery holder and see if they respond.
o If all 3 of the motors are responsive when being moved to different ports, then the issue is the battery holder.
o If you have motors that do not respond regardless of which port they are in, but others work in any one of the ports, then the issue is the non-responsive motor.
Let me us what your findings are after going through the troubleshooting above by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If different batteries didn’t resolve the issue, we want to make sure we send the correct replacement part, as it could be the receiver/battery holder, the remote controller, the motor or even a combination of them. Also, please include the following information in your reply.
- Your mailing address and phone number
- The name of your kit (found on the front of the box or on the cover of the manual)
- Date of purchase (or when you received it as a gift) and the retailer it was purchased from
- The production code from your box (an alphanumeric code located in the white square with the UPC bar code)
I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products and want to thank you again for giving us the opportunity to correct this for you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in including them in your email to us.
Thank you again for contacting Thames & Kosmos. We look forward to your reply.
The Thames & Kosmos Technical Support Team